Frequently asked questions
Thank you for your interest in this weekend's Riverland Relay For Life.
Online registrations for this weekend's event are now closed, but you can still support our fundraising teams by making a donation and banking fundraising proceeds.
If you would like to join an existing team, on-the-day registrations will be taken at the Registration Tent from 11:30am.
Opening Ceremony: 2pm Saturday
Candlelight Ceremony: 8:30pm Saturday
Closing Ceremony: 9am Sunday
If you have any questions that can't be answered on the website, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find us on Social!
Connect with us to keep up-to-date with all things Relay:
On The Day
What happens on the day?
Here's what to expect at Relay. Check with your Relay event coordinator: Dean Parker - 8291 4175 | firstname.lastname@example.org for special info about the 2023 Riverland event:
- Opening Ceremony
- Survivors and Carers walk
- Candlelight Ceremony of Hope
- Closing ceremony
- Entertainment, kids activities, live music and competitions (throughout the day and night)
- Free breakfast
- Keep those team members walking!
You don’t have to stay on the track all night, but we encourage teams to have at least one person on the track at all times to get the most out of your Relay experience.
What to bring to Relay
Be sure to come to Relay prepared! Check the forecast the night before and be prepared for inclement weather. Remember, Relay runs overnight and can be cold.Here’s a list of things that teams should be sure to have handy on the day:
- Tent(s),marquees for your campsite
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Your Relay For Life shirt
- Comfortable walking/running shoes
- Warm clothing (pants, jackets, beanies, gloves, etc.)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Wet weather gear (raincoat, poncho, umbrella, etc.)
- A change of clothes
- Camping gear (Tent, sleeping bag,pillows, blankets, esky, cutlery, cups, water bottle, food and drink.
- Folding chairs and tables
- Plastic sheeting or rubber-backed rug (good on cold or damp ground)
- Campsite decorations and team banners
- Team costumes
- Money and loose change
- Camera to capture those special moments
- Any used or unused raffle books
- Your team!
- A tin of food to weigh down your candle bag - these will be donated to Foodbank SA who work to reduce food poverty within our community.
What not to bring
- Pets (guide dogs and service dogs are welcome)
- Bikes, scooters or roller blades/skates
- Fundraising money that you want to bank (please bank any money prior to the event or the next business day after Relay)
- Remember, Relay For Life is a smoke-free event.
Thanks for your interest in Relay For Life!
Our volunteer committee are currently hard at work finalising this year's line up of entertainment and activities.
Below is a snapshot of what you can expect throughout the weekend;
Team Arrival and Checkin
|Team Captain's Meeting||Registration Tent||1pm|
|Survivors and Carers Registrations||Registration Tent||1 - 1:45pm|
|Opening Ceremony||Main Stage||2pm|
|Survivors and Carers afternoon tea||Wellness Marquee||2:30pm|
|Merchandise sales open||Registration Tent||2:30pm|
|Live Performance - Christine Clifford||Main Stage||2:45pm|
|Wellness Activities commence||Wellness Marquee||3:30pm|
|Live Performance - James the Travelling Musician||Main Stage||3:45pm|
|Entertainer - Laughing Yoga with Sharon||Wellness Marquee||4:15pm|
|Live Performance - Mandy Page and Crew||Main Stage||5:15pm|
|Live Performance - Andy Wills||Main Stage||6:00pm|
|Live Performance - John Rakin Molden||Main Stage||6:45pm|
|Live Performance - Tahlia Hearn||Main Stage||7:45pm|
|Candlelight Ceremony||Main Stage||8:15pm|
|Live Performance - The Red Dirt Station||Main Stage||9:30pm|
|Massage - Foot, neck or head massages||Wellness Marquee||9:30pm|
|Team game - Tug of War||near Wellness Marquee||12:15am|
|Entertainer - Wake Up Chair Yoga with Tracey||Wellness Marquee||6:00am|
|Complimentary Breakfast||Football Club Canteen||7:00am|
|Final Lap||Around the track||8:55am|
|Closing Ceremony||Main Stage||9:00am|
To view the complete Program for the weekend, please click below;
Below is the Team Campsite allocation and final site map.
Please familiarise yourself with your campsite location, and feel free to share this information with any visitors you are expecting to join you over the weekend.
|Team Name||Site Number|
Riverland Customs & Classics /
|St Francis of Assisi | Ignis||8|
|St Francis of Assisi | Ventus||9|
|St Francis of Assisi | Terra||10|
|St Francis of Assisi | Aqua||11|
|God First Youth||13|
|Riverland Life FM||14|
VIP Campsite Promotion
Congratulations to our winnings teams who will be Relaying in style this weekend!
Thank you to our generous sponsors
Raised so far