Frequently asked questions
- Adult Tickets (+18 years) - $25 per person
- Youth and Kids Tickets(<17years*) - $10 per person
Relay for Life 2023 T-Shirts: $15**
*Registration Fee waived for children under 5 years.
**Please note, Relay For Life 2024 T-Shirts are not included in the registration fee. These are available as an additional option for purchase via the Registration link.
Shirts can be collected by the following ways:
1) From our Deakin office (Unit 1/173 Strickland Crescent, Deakin ACT 2600)- please contact email@example.com before visiting us.
2) During a team captain's meeting 2 weeks prior to the event- we will reach out to team captains with more details closer to the event.
3) On the day of the event.
Team Captain Information Sessions
To be confirmed.
Find us on our Socials!
Connect with us to keep up-to-date with all things Relay:
Everyone is invited to join Relay For Life and help create a cancer free future.
On The Day
What happens on the day?
Get excited because ACT Relay is back!
Here is what to expect at Relay!
- Opening Ceremony
- Survivors and Carers Opening Lap
- Candlelight Ceremony of Hope
- Closing Ceremony
- Entertainment- live music, competitions, kids activities and lots of prizes!
- Walking Track- keep those legs and team members moving!
- The Forage will be supporting us this year and there will be vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options!
There is absolutely no pressure to stay on the track for the entire event. We do, however, encourage teams to have at least one person on the track at all times to get the most out of your Relay experience.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have campsite preference for your team.
Where to Park?
Free parking will be available at the CIT Bruce Carpark (marked in red).There will be paid parking available in the GIO Stadium in the East Car Park and the BrayBrooke St carpark (marked in yellow). We recommend carpooling with your team. Drop-off in front of the track entrance is from 8.30am-3.30pm.
What to bring to Relay
Be sure to come to Relay well prepared! We advise to check the forecast the night before and dress for the weather. Remember, Relay for Life will we running overnight this year and it can be cold.But don’t forget to Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide during daylight hours! Here is a list of things that teams should be sure to have handy on the day:
- Marquee(s) and tents for your allocated site
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Your Relay for Life shirt (if you purchased a 2024 shirt or reuse one from previous years)
- Comfortable walking/running shoes
- Warm clothing (pants, jacket, beanies, glove, etc)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Wet weather gear (raincoat, poncho, umbrella, etc)
- Folding chairs and table
- Plastic sheeting or rubber-backed rug (good for cold or damp grounds)
- Marquee decorations and team banners
- Team costumes
- Camera to capture those special moments
- Money and loose change
- A tin of food to hold down your candlelight bags (collected food will be donated to Oz Harvest)
- Your team!
What not to bring
- Pegs are not allowed on site (please bring weights to hold your tents/marquees down)
- Pets (guide and service pets are welcome)
- Bikes, scooters or roller blades/skates
- Fundraising money that you want to bank (please bank any money prior to the event or the next business day after Relay)
- Remember, Relay for Life is a smoke,drug and alcohol-free event
To be confirmed.
Team Site Allocation
To be confirmed.
Survivors & Carers
Relay for Life is a time for our community to come together and celebrate cancer survivors, remember those who are no longer with us and fight back against cancer.
If you or anyone you love has ever heard the words "You have cancer", you know how much it affects us and the people around us. None of us should ever have to face cancer alone, so whether you’re a Survivor, Carer or even a Fighter, getting involved in your local Relay for Life can introduce you to others who are facing similar challenges and create opportunities for sharing stories, friendship, and hope.
To acknowledge your journey through cancer, you’re invited to be our Guest of Honour at Relay for Life. Click on 'Register Now' to walk in the Survivors, Fighters and Carers Lap of Honour or just come along for the celebrations!
If you are having trouble registering, please contact- email@example.com
Parent or Guardian
If you are under 18 years of age, you are required to have a parent or guardian complete a Parental Consent Form before the event.
This form will be emailed to you upon registration.
Failure to complete the form will mean you are unable to attend the Relay for Life event.
*There will be limited registrations available on the day.
Youth Team Supervisors
All participants under 18 years of age are required to have a supervisor over the age of 21 present with their team for the duration of the event. You must register your supervisor by completing the Youth Supervisor Form that is emailed to you upon registering a youth. It is the responsibility of the parent, guardian, team captain or youth to ensure the youth supervisor has completed this form. If a youth team attends Relay For Life without the required number of supervisors over the age of 21, the team will not be able to participate. Please note that for youth teams, you must have 1 supervisor per 10 youth participants.If the youth team consists of more than 10 youth participants, Cancer Council ACT requires that two adult supervisors be present at all times throughout the Relay For Life event.
If you are a School Team, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6145 2564
Thank you to our generous sponsors
Relay For Life is a community event and it would not be possible without the support we receive from our community.
If you would like your business to become a supporter of Relay For Life contact:email@example.com.
Raised so far