- Clare Shearman just donated $15
- Clare Shearman just donated $21.40
- Julie Davis just donated $26.38
- Shelley Carleton just donated $40
- Shelley Carleton just donated $28.58
- Steve Arnold just donated $20
- Steve Arnold just donated $106.60
- Matt Foster just donated $30
- Aunty xx just donated $105.50
- EMILY TAYLOR just donated $50
Frequently asked questions
Early Bird = From now 2023 to 1 March 2024: $20 per person
Standard = From 2 March 2024 to 4 May 2024: $25 per person
Child (0-7) = Free
Youth (8-13 Years) = $15 per person
Early bird student (Under 18 or with student card) = From now to 1 March 2024: $15 per person
Student ticket (Under 18 or with student card) = 2 March 2024 to 4 May 2024: $20 per person
Early Bird (2x adults & 2x youth) = From now to 1 March 2024: $40 per family
Standard (2x adults & 2x youth) = 2 March 2024 to 4 May 2024: $60 per family
T-shirt = On the day: $20 per T-shirt
Opening Ceremony: 4pm Saturday 4 May 2024
Candlelight Ceremony: 8pm Saturday 4 May 2024
Closing Ceremony: 8am Sunday 5 May 2024
Come find out more about the Newcastle Relay
Information Sessions: Dates TBC
Join us to find out more how you can make a difference through participating in Relay For Life. Already participating? Come along and we can answer all your questions about the day.
Awards available at the event include:
- Highest Community Fundraiser
- Best Dressed Team
- Best Themed Tent
On The Day
What happens on the day?
Get excited because the Relay has arrived!
Here's what to expect at Relay. Check with our Relay team at Jen.Haynes@nswcc.org.au for special info about Newcastle Relay:
- Opening Ceremony
- Survivors and Carers Walk
- Candlelight Ceremony of Hope
- Closing ceremony
- Keep those team members walking!
You don’t have to stay on the track all night, but we encourage teams to have at least one person on the track at all times to get the most out of your Relay experience.
What to bring to Relay
Be sure to come to Relay prepared! Check the forecast the night before and be prepared for inclement weather. Remember, Relay runs overnight and can be cold. Here’s a list of things that teams should be sure to have handy on the day:
- Tent(s), marquees for your campsite
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Your Relay For Life shirt
- Comfortable walking/running shoes
- Warm clothing (pants, jackets, beanies, gloves, etc.)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Wet weather gear (raincoat, poncho, umbrella, etc.)
- A change of clothes
- Camping gear (Tent, sleeping bag, pillows, blankets, esky, cutlery, cups, water bottle, food and drink.
- Folding chairs and tables
- Plastic sheeting or rubber-backed rug (good on cold or damp ground)
- Campsite decorations and team banners
- Team costumes
- Money and loose change
- Camera to capture those special moments
- Any used or unused raffle books
- Your team!
What not to bring
- Pets (guide dogs and service dogs are welcome)
- Bikes, scooters or roller blades/skates
- Fundraising money that you want to bank (please bank any money prior to the event or the next business day after Relay)
- Remember, Relay For Life is a smoke-free event.
Thanks for your interest in Relay For Life! Here’s an overview of what will be happening on the day.
Saturday 4 May 2024
|02.00pm||Team check-in opens||Registration Desk|
|04.30pm||Survivors & Carers Walk||Track|
Sunday 5 May 2024
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors:
Relay For Life is a community event and it would not be possible without the support we receive from our community. In particular, there are local businesses that provide us with monetary and in-kind support.
If you would like your business to become a sponsor of Relay For Life contact our Support Team: 1300 65 65 85
Survivors & Carers
Relay For Life is a time for our community to come together and celebrate cancer survivors, remember those who are no longer with us and fight back against cancer.
If you or anyone you love has ever heard the words ‘you have cancer’, you know how much if affects us and the people around us. None should face cancer alone, so whether you’re a Survivor or Carer, getting involved in your local Relay For Life can introduce you to others who are facing similar challenges and create opportunities for sharing stories, friendship and hope.
To honour your inspiring journey, you’re invited to be our Guest of Honour at Relay For Life.
You can choose to walk in the Survivor and Carer’s Lap of Honour or just come along for the celebrations.
We are currently finalising details for Survivors and Carers. We encourage you to pre-register for the Survivors and Carers Lap and we will notify you once details are confirmed.
Our communities wouldn’t be the same without you, so thank you!
If you are having trouble registering, please contact our support team - 1300 65 65 85 | email@example.com
Parent or Guardian Consent
If you are under 18 years of age, you are required to have a parent or guardian complete a Parental Consent Form before the event.
This form will be emailed to youth upon registering for the event.
All youth are required to have the consent of their parent/guardian via the form above. Failure to do so will result in the youth being unable to attend the Relay For Life event.
There will be limited on the day registrations available.
Youth Team Supervisors
All participants under 18 years of age are required to have a supervisor over the age of 21 present with their team for the duration of the event.
You must register your supervisor by completing the Youth Supervisor Form that is emailed to you upon registering as a youth. It is the responsibility of the parent, guardian, team captain or youth to ensure the youth supervisor has completed this form.
If a youth team attends Relay For Life without the required number of supervisors over the age of 21, the team will not be able to participate.
Please note that for youth teams, you must have 1 supervisor per 10 youth participants.
COVID-19 restrictions and requirements are forever changing, and as a result, this Relay For Life event is subject to change. Here at Cancer Council NSW, we will follow the latest advice and guidelines from the NSW Government to ensure the safety of everyone involved in a Relay For Life 2024.?
Thank you to our generous sponsors
Raised so far