Frequently asked questions
Relay For Life offers pricing for adults, youth and families depending upon how early you register prior to your event. Please refer to the below table for more information.
Super Early Bird
21 Jan 2024
22 Jan 2024
25 Feb 2024
26 Feb 2024
2 Mar 2024
*Children under 6 can enter the event for free.
Opening Ceremony: 12.00pm
Candlelight Ceremony: 8.45pm
Closing Ceremony: 10.00pm
Come find out more about the Ballarat 2024 Relay
Meeting dates to be confirmed. For more information please contact 1300 65 65 85.
Awards available at the event include:
- Top Fundraising Team
Spirit of Relay
- Best Dressed Team
- Best Campsite
- Relay's Got Talent
Find us on Social!
Connect with us to keep up-to-date with all things Relay:
On The Day
What happens on the day?
Get excited because the Relay has arrived! Head on down early to check-in and pick up an event program, site map and shirts or merchandise at the registration desk upon arrival.
Here's what to expect at Relay.
- Opening Ceremony
- Survivors and Carers walk
- Candlelight Ceremony
- Closing ceremony
- Entertainment, kids activities and live music (throughout the day and night)
- Keep those team members walking!
You don’t have to stay on the track into the night, but we encourage teams to have at least one person on the track at all times to get the most out of your Relay experience.
What to bring to Relay
Be sure to come to Relay prepared! Check the forecast the night before and be prepared for inclement weather. Remember, Relay runs into the night and can be cold. Here is a list of things that teams should be sure to have handy on the day:
- Tent(s),marquees for your campsite
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Your Relay For Life shirt
- Comfortable walking/running shoes
- Warm clothing (pants, jackets, beanies, gloves, etc.)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Wet weather gear (raincoat, poncho, umbrella, etc.)
- A change of clothes
- Folding chairs and tables
- Plastic sheeting or rubber-backed rug (good on cold or damp ground)
- Campsite decorations and team banners
- Team costumes
- Your team!
What not to bring
- Pets (guide dogs and service dogs are welcome)
- Bikes, scooters or roller blades/skates
- Remember, Relay For Life is a smoke-free event.
Thanks for your interest in Relay For Life! Here’s an overview of what will be happening on the day.
|11.00 am||Team check-in opens||Registration Desk|
|12.15pm||Survivors & Carers Walk||Track|
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors:
Relay For Life is a community event and it would not be possible without the support we receive from our community. In particular, there are local businesses that provide us with monetary and in-kind support.
If you would like your business to become a sponsor of Relay For Life contact the Community Giving Coordinator via Rachel Leonard: 1300 65 65 85 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Raised so far