Frequently asked questions
Relay For Life offers a discount for early regsitration and children under 6 can enter for free.
|Super Early Bird
Ends Sun 19 Nov 2023
Mon 20 Nov 2023
Sun 14 Jan 2024
Mon 15 Jan 2024
Sun 10 Mar 2024
Mon 11 Mar 2024
Sat 16 Mar 2024
Please note: Online shirt sales close two weeks prior to the event
Opening Ceremony: 2:00pm
Candlelight Ceremony: 8:30pm
Closing Ceremony: 10:00pm
Come find out more about the Bairnsdale 2024 Relay
Meeting dates to be confirmed. For more information please contact 1300 65 65 85.
Awards available at the event include:
- Top Fundraising Team
Spirit of Relay
Find us on Social!
Connect with us to keep up-to-date with all things Relay:
On The Day
What happens on the day?
Here's what to expect at Relay:
- Opening Ceremony
- Survivors and Carers walk
- Candlelight Ceremony
- Closing ceremony
- Entertainment, kids activities and live music
- Keep those team members walking!
We encourage teams to have at least one person on the track at all times to get the most out of your Relay experience.
What to bring to Relay
Be sure to come to Relay prepared! Check the forecast the night before and remember that Relay runs into the night and can be cold. Here’s a list of things that teams should be sure to have handy on the day:
- Tent(s),marquees for your team site
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Your Relay For Life shirt
- Comfortable walking/running shoes
- Warm clothing (pants, jackets, beanies, gloves, etc.)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Wet weather gear (raincoat, poncho, umbrella, etc.)
- A change of clothes
- Folding chairs and tables
- Plastic sheeting or rubber-backed rug (good on cold or damp ground)
- Team site decorations and team banners
- Team costumes
- Money and loose change
- Camera to capture those special moments
- Your team!
What not to bring
- Pets (guide dogs and service dogs are welcome)
- Bikes, scooters or roller blades/skates
- Fundraising money that you want to bank (please bank any money prior to the event or the next business day after Relay)
- Remember, Relay For Life is a smoke-free event.
Thanks for your interest in Relay For Life! Here’s an overview of what will be happening on the day.
Saturday 16 March
|12:00pm||Team check-in opens||Registration Desk|
|2:15pm||Survivors & Carers Walk||Track|
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors:
Relay For Life is a community event and it would not be possible without the support we receive from our community. In particular, there are local businesses that provide us with monetary and in-kind support.
If you would like your business to become a sponsor of Relay For Life contact the Community Giving Coordinator via Kelly Fuery: 1300 65 65 85 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Raised so far