Frequently asked questions
Relay For Life offers pricing for adults, youth and families depending upon how early you register prior to your event. Please refer to the below table for more information.
Super Early Bird
Sun 27 Nov 2022
Sun 22 Jan 2023
19 Mar 2023
Please note: Online registrations will remain open until the conclusion of the Relay.
*Children under 6 can enter for free.
Opening Ceremony: 10.45am
Candlelight Ceremony: 8.00-8.30pm
Closing Ceremony: 11:00pm
Come find out more about the Wyndham 2023 Relay
Meeting dates to be confirmed. For more information please contact 1300 65 65 85.
Awards available at the event include:
- Top Fundraising Team
- Spirit of Relay
Find us on Social!
Connect with us to keep up-to-date with all things Relay:
On The Day
What happens on the day?
Get excited because the Relay has arrived! Head on down early to check-in and pick up an event program, site map and shirts or merchandise at the registration desk upon arrival.
Here's what to expect at Relay.
- Opening Ceremony
- Survivors and Carers walk
- Candlelight Ceremony
- Closing ceremony
- Entertainment, kids activities and live music (throughout the day and night)
- Keep those team members walking!
You don’t have to stay on the track into the night, but we encourage teams to have at least one person on the track at all times to get the most out of your Relay experience.
What to bring to Relay
Be sure to come to Relay prepared! Check the forecast the night before and be prepared for inclement weather. Remember, Relay runs into the night and can be cold. Here is a list of things that teams should be sure to have handy on the day:
- Tent(s),marquees for your campsite
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Your Relay For Life shirt
- Comfortable walking/running shoes
- Warm clothing (pants, jackets, beanies, gloves, etc.)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Wet weather gear (raincoat, poncho, umbrella, etc.)
- A change of clothes
- Camping gear (Tent, blankets, esky, cutlery, cups, water bottle, food and drink)
- Folding chairs and tables
- Plastic sheeting or rubber-backed rug (good on cold or damp ground)
- Campsite decorations and team banners
- Team costumes
- Camera to capture those special moments
- Any used or unused raffle books
- Your team!
What not to bring
- Pets (guide dogs and service dogs are welcome)
- Bikes, scooters or roller blades/skates
- Fundraising money that you want to bank (please bank any money prior to the event or the next business day after Relay)
- Remember, Relay For Life is a smoke-free event.
The health and safety of our participants, spectators, volunteers, and team members remains our main priority, and as such we will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation with stakeholders, local, state, federal authorities and DHHS.
COVID-19 REQUIREMENT UPDATE: In line with the Victorian Government’s Covid-19 requirements, participants are no longer required to have two doses or show their vaccination status before entering any venue.
The requirement for staff and patrons of venues to check-in using the Service Victoria app is no longer required
The existing two-dose and three-dose vaccination mandates for workers are still required.
Face masks will no longer be required in hospitality and retail settings, or at events of any size
Social distancing – we will have methods and procedures to ensure we all keep a safe distance (of 1.5m)
Hygiene procedures – we welcome you to have your own hand sanitiser on the day but Cancer Council Victoria will also have bottles available on the day.
Covid Safety Marshal - A COVID 19 Safety Marshal will be appointed to monitor any COVID Safety challenges that may occur during the event.
We will remain as transparent as possible to communicate any changes with Covid 19 restrictions via email, website and social channels.
These measures include areas to allow participants to socially distance, additional cleaning and sanitising of high touch point areas and hand sanitisation stations throughout the event sites.
In addition, there will be regular communication across email, website, and social channels, in the lead up to the event, event communication through signage, PA system announcements and support from event staff & volunteers.
This COVID-Safe Plan will ensure our staff and participants stay safe during the event.
Consumer Touch Points
Reduced customer touchpoints to minimise physical interaction between participants and event staff.
Additional cleaning and sanitisation of customer touch-points throughout the event area, including check-in areas, toilets, payment collection points, and at aid stations and First Aid Station.
Hand sanitiser will be available for use throughout the event, including around high traffic areas in and around toilets. These will be refreshed by staff throughout the event.
Lanes & Markers
Lanes will be provided at areas where participants tend to congregate. Where lines are formed, distancing markers will be used to ensure safe distancing. Please pay attention to all signage and marking.
Your Relay for Life Committee asks that you:
- Do not attend a Relay For Life event if you are feeling unwell. If you are feeling unwell or have Cold or Flu-like Symptoms, have attended a DHHS Exposure Site or are a close contact of someone who has been unwell and/or is currently being tested for Coronavirus. Follow the health advice regarding testing and isolating https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
- Use hand sanitiser prior to entering the event.
- Practice social distancing (of 1.5m) at all times while at the event and try to avoid interactions in close spaces.
- If you need to cough, please do so using your arm and if you are feeling unwell at any point during the event, please notify one of our covid safety officers.
- Do not share personal belongings (water bottle or Towel).
Thanks for your interest in Relay For Life! Here’s an overview of what will be happening on the day.
Saturday 25 March
|9.30am||Team check-in opens||Administration Marquee|
|11:15am||Survivors & Carers Walk||Track|
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors:
Relay For Life is a community event and it would not be possible without the support we receive from our community. In particular, there are local businesses that provide us with monetary and in-kind support.
If you would like your business to become a sponsor of Relay For Life contact the Community Giving Coordinator via Rachel Leonard : 1300 65 65 85 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Raised so far