Frequently asked questions
Adults: $40 per person
Youth (aged 6-17): $20 per person
Child (aged 0-5): Free
Survivors & Carers: Free
Opening Ceremony: 12pm Saturday, 14th October 2023
Candlelight Ceremony: 8pm Saturday
Closing Ceremony: 12pm Sunday,15th October 2023
Awards available at the event include:
- Highest Community Fundraiser
- Highest Corporate Fundraiser
- Highest School Fundraiser
- Best Dressed Team
- Best Themed Tent
- Best Baton
On The Day
What happens on the day?
Get excited because the Relay has arrived!
Here's what to expect at Relay. Check with your Relay event committee: firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandy Taseff – Deputy Chair 0411 013 818 email@example.com for information about Relay For Life West Coast:
- Opening Ceremony
- Survivors and Carers Walk
- Candlelight Ceremony of Hope
- Closing ceremony
- Keep those team members walking!
You don’t have to stay on the track all night, but we encourage teams to have at least one person on the track at all times to get the most out of your Relay experience.
What to bring to Relay
Be sure to come to Relay prepared! Check the forecast the night before and be prepared for inclement weather. Remember, Relay runs overnight and can be cold.Here’s a list of things that teams should be sure to have handy on the day:
- Tent(s),marquees for your campsite
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Your Relay For Life shirt
- Comfortable walking/running shoes
- Warm clothing (pants, jackets, beanies, gloves, etc.)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Wet weather gear (raincoat, poncho, umbrella, etc.)
- A change of clothes
- Camping gear (Tent, sleeping bag,pillows, blankets, esky, cutlery, cups, water bottle, food and drink.
- Folding chairs and tables
- Plastic sheeting or rubber-backed rug (good on cold or damp ground)
- Campsite decorations and team banners
- Team costumes
- Money and loose change
- Camera to capture those special moments
- Your team!
What not to bring
- Pets (guide dogs and service dogs are welcome)
- Bikes, scooters or roller blades/skates
- Fundraising money that you want to bank (please bank any money prior to the event or the next business day after Relay)
- Remember, Relay For Life is a smoke-free (this includes e-cigarettes) and alcohol-free event.
Thanks for your interest in Relay For Life! Here’s an overview of what will be happening on the day.
Saturday 14 October
|9:00am||Team check-in opens|
|12:45am||Survivors & Carers Walk|
|1:00pm||Survivors & Carers Afternoon Tea|
|12:45pm - 7:30pm||Entertainment|
|6:00pm - 6:15pm||Team Award Ceremony|
|8:00pm - 8:30pm||Candlelight Ceremony|
Sunday 15 October
|7:00am - 9:00am||Teams free Breakfast|
|11:40am - 12:00pm||Closing Ceremony and Final Lap|
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors:
Venues West - ECU - City of Joondalup - Orbit Fitness
Relay For Life West Coast is a community event and it would not be possible without the support we receive from our community. There are many businesses that provide us with monetary and in-kind support.
If you would like your business to become a sponsor of Relay For Life West Coast, contact Pat Strahan, Chair, Relay For Life West Coast on 0414 682 892 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our generous sponsors
Raised so far