Frequently asked questions
|Family (2x adults + 2 x youths)||$85|
|Child (under 5)||FREE|
Opening Ceremony: 2pm Saturday
Candlelight Ceremony: 7:15pm Saturday
Closing Ceremony: 9am Sunday
Thank you to those who joined us for final Team Information Night this past Tuesday.
For a full recap of what was covered, please download a copy of the presentation slides here;
If you have any questions that can't be answered on the website, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find us on Social!
Follow Cancer Council SA's Relay For Life and join the Adelaide Relay For Life Facebook group to keep up to date with all things Relay!
On the day
What happens on the day?
Here's what to expect at Relay. Check with your Relay event coordinator: Amy Roker - 1300 65 65 85 | email@example.com for info about the 2023 Adelaide event:
- Opening Ceremony
- Survivors and Carers walk
- Candlelight Ceremony of Hope
- Closing ceremony
- Entertainment, kids activities, live music and competitions (throughout the day and night)
- Free breakfast
- Keep those team members walking!
You don’t have to stay on the track all night, but we encourage teams to have at least one person on the track at all times to get the most out of your Relay experience.
What to bring to Relay
Be sure to come to Relay prepared! Check the forecast the night before and be prepared for inclement weather. Remember, Relay runs overnight and can be cold.Here’s a list of things that teams should be sure to have handy on the day:
- Tent(s),marquees for your campsite - PLEASE NOTE. Tent pegs must be no longer than 25cm. No stardroppers.
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Your Relay For Life shirt
- Comfortable walking/running shoes
- Warm clothing (pants, jackets, beanies, gloves, etc.)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Wet weather gear (raincoat, poncho, umbrella, etc.)
- A change of clothes
- Camping gear (Tent, sleeping bag,pillows, blankets, esky, cutlery, cups, water bottle, food and drink.
- Folding chairs and tables
- Plastic sheeting or rubber-backed rug (good on cold or damp ground)
- Campsite decorations and team banners
- Team costumes
- Money and loose change
- Camera to capture those special moments
- Any used or unused raffle books
- Your team!
What not to bring
- Pets (guide dogs and service dogs are welcome)
- Bikes, scooters or roller blades/skates
- Fundraising money that you want to bank (please bank any money prior to the event or the next business day after Relay)
- Remember, Relay For Life is a smoke-free & alcohol in moderation event.
Thanks for your interest in Relay For Life!
|Survivor and Carer Registrations open||12:30pm - 1:30pm||RAA Community Marquee|
|Team Captain's Meeting||1:15pm||Grandstand|
|Opening Ceremony||2pm - 2:20pm||Main Stage|
|Survivors and Carers Afternoon Tea||2:45pm||RAA Community Marquee|
|Purple Hand Dance||2:45pm||Main Stage|
|Live Performance | Phoenix Cheer & Dance||3pm||Main Stage|
|Themed Lap | SunSmart||3pm||Around the track|
|Tug of War||4pm||Centre Infield|
|Live Performance | Jukebox Jam||4:30 - 5:30pm||Main Stage|
|Themed Lap | Kings and Queens||5:30pm||Around the track|
|Newspaper Fashion Parade||5:45pm||Main Stage|
|Themed Lap | Bras, Socks and Socks||6:30pm||Around the track|
|Candlelight Ceremony||7:15 - 7:45pm||Main Stage|
|Minute to Win it Games||8pm||Main Stage|
|Live Performance | These Days||8:30 - 10pm||Main Stage|
|Themed Lap | Glow in the Dark||10pm||Around the track|
|Live Performance | Chris Ezee||10pm- Midnight||Main Stage|
|Themed Lap | PJ's and Onesies!||11pm||Around the track|
|SILENT DISCO||MIDNIGHT -||RAA Dance Hall|
|Closing Ceremony | Sunday||9am||Main Stage|
Your team campsite location is detailed on the map below.
If you are expecting visitors to your campsite on Saturday, please share your campsite number and location with them so they can find you easily.
|Haus of Rainbow||1|
|Da Amigos Vs Cancer||2|
|Cats in Hats with Bats||3|
|Relay the Message||6|
|One Lap At A Time||7|
|RAA Giving Back||9 & 10|
|Gleeson College||11 - 14|
|Adelaide University Athletics Club||16|
|The Wishful Warriors||18|
|Men of Saints||19|
|Flinders Law Student Association||20|
|Immanuel College||22 - 25|
|Degreelays - The University of Adelaide||27|
|Phoenix Cheer and Dance||29 & 20|
|The Cindy Lou's||33|
|Prince Alfred College Boarding||36 - 38|
Team Arrival & Equipment Drop-off
- Gates Open at 10:30am and we ask that teams are onsite by 12:30pm to commence setting up.
- Please coordinate with your team to make sure as many of your team arrives at the same time.
- Once your team have entered the SA Athletics Stadium please proceed directly to your site and commence setting up.
- All participants are required to wear their PURPLE wristband for the duration of the event. Team Captains will be issued with wristbands for each of their team members and are responsible for ensuring these are distributed and worn by their team members.
- Team Captains are asked to head to the Registration Tent to collect their team's program and other important info needed for the weekend. We ask that you also return any donation boxes you received as part of your registration.
There has been an unexpected change to the carparking location for this weekend.
Please refer to the below information for details.
The Participant Carpark has now been moved from Netball SA to the rear of the SA Athletics Stadium.
Entry to this car park is via Gate 2 and can be accessed via Marjorie Jackson Nelson Drive.
- The equipment drop off area is still available for teams to unload large equipment. This is not a passenger drop off area.
- Once equipment is unloaded, please drive through Gate 2 and along the roadway highlighted in ORANGE.
- Vehicles will then be directed to park in the Participant Overnight car park, shown in PURPLE. This car park will be attended until 5pm and then locked overnight.
- Participants arriving after 5pm OR who need to leave at any time during the event, will need to utilise the short-term car park highlighted in BLUE.
If you do not need to drop off equipment, please proceed straight through the drop-off area and through Gate 2.
Teams are welcome to drop off larger equipment on Friday evening between 5 – 7pm. Please email us if you would like to take advantage of this.
- Please help us minimise how many cars we have entering and exiting the drop off area by considering who brings your team’s equipment.
- Schools and teams arriving by bus or coach are still asked to set down and pick up in the allocated drop off zone adjacent to the Netball SA stadium car park highlighted in BLUE. Participants are to access the Stadium via the walkway adjacent to the Netball SA car park and via the underpass.
- Visitors are also asked to park in the short-term car park directly in front of the Stadium.
Thank you to our generous sponsors
Raised so far