Frequently asked questions
Saturday 9th September 10.00am to Sunday 10th September 10.00am
Mon 15 May 2023
Sun 9 Jul 2023
Mon 10 Jul 2023
Sun 3 Sep 2023
Please note: Relay For Life shirt sales close Wednesday 30th August 2023.
Children under 6 can enter for free.
Opening Ceremony: Saturday 9th September @ 10.00am
Candlelight Ceremony: Will be at dusk with survivors and carers walk straight after.
Closing Ceremony: Sunday 10th September @ 10.00am
Find us on Social!
Connect with us to keep up-to-date with all things Relay:
On The Day
What happens on the day?
- Opening Ceremony
- Survivors and Carers walk
- Candlelight Ceremony
- Closing ceremony
- Entertainment, kids activities and live music
- Keep those team members walking!
We encourage teams to have at least one person on the track at all times to get the most out of your Relay experience.
What to bring to Relay
Be sure to come to Relay prepared! Check the forecast the night before and remember that Relay runs into the night and can be cold. Here’s a list of things that teams should be sure to have handy on the day:
- Tent(s),marquees for your team site. Please include sandbags or weights - Tent pegs aren't allowed!
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Your Relay For Life shirt
- Comfortable walking/running shoes
- Warm clothing (pants, jackets, beanies, gloves, etc.)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Wet weather gear (raincoat, poncho, umbrella, etc.)
- A change of clothes
- Folding chairs and tables
- Plastic sheeting or rubber-backed rug (good on cold or damp ground)
- Team site decorations and team banners
- Team costumes
- Money and loose change
- Camera to capture those special moments
- Your team!
What not to bring
- Pets (guide dogs and service dogs are welcome)
- Bikes, scooters or roller blades/skates
- Fundraising money that you want to bank (please bank any money prior to the event or the next business day after Relay)
- Remember, Relay For Life is a smoke-free event.
Thanks for your interest in Relay For Life! Here’s an overview of what will be happening on the day.
Saturday 9 September 2023
|9.00am||Team check-in opens||Registration Desk|
|At Dusk||Survivors & Carers Walk||Track|
|After S & C Walk||Candlelight Ceremony||Stage|
Sunday 10 September 2023
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors:
Relay For Life is a community event and it would not be possible without the support we receive from our community. In particular, there are local businesses that provide us with monetary and in-kind support.
If you would like your business to become a sponsor of Relay For Life contact the Community Giving Coordinator via Rachel Leonard: 1300 65 65 85 or email email@example.com
Raised so far